The chapter director of Tri-Lakes KLIFE, a non-profit youth ministry based in Branson, puts it this way about the organization’s mission:
“The most important thing we do as a ministry is build friendships with students,” Paul Ragon said. “In a world where friendships look like a number on social media, students desperately need a caring adult to enter into their lives and point them to Jesus.”
Tri-Lakes KLIFE has been a positive influence for more than 40 years and, if you’ve ever wanted to help its cause, now comes a chance to do just that.
The Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper is proud to call Tri-Lakes KLIFE one of its charities this year. The tournament is part of the PGA’s Web.com Tour stop and reaches its 26th annual event seeking to make more of a positive impact itself.
You see, the tournament has generated $12 million for Ozarks-area children’s charities in its history, including a record $1 million-plus a year ago. Here’s how to help:
SUPPORTING THE PCCC = SUPPORTING CHARITIES
- HELP TRI-LAKES KLIFE: The non-profit youth ministry can be reached at 417- 334-4034 and or by visiting its website by clicking this link.
- FOR GOLF FANS, WIN PRIZES: The purchase of a $25 TLC Properties Charity Sweepstakes ticket serves as a four-day tournament pass, but that’s just a start. The ticket also enters you to win daily prizes during the tournament as well as grand prizes of $10,000 and a 2015 Ford Mustang.
- TICKET REVENUE GOES WHERE: Contact the local charity of your choice, simply because they receive revenue directly from those TLC Property Charity Sweepstakes tickets marked with their names.
- BUSINESS SPONSORSHIPS: Businesses can support the PCCC through various sponsorships, such as the daily newsletter, website or through several events such as a dozen Pro-Ams. Additionally, restaurants, clothing stores and entertainment stops and such are asked to donate a gift card with at least a $25 value in the name of your charity of choice to benefit them in the Golf Ball Charity Auction. Contact the PCCC staff at 417-887-3400.
- WHEN, WHERE: The tournament is Aug. 7-17 at Highland Springs Country Club, with the pros playing beginning Aug. 13.
About Tri-Lakes KLIFE
Tri-Lakes KLIFE is a non-profit youth ministry dedicated to impacting the lives of local youth with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The organization builds genuine friendships in order to earn the right to proclaim the truth of Scripture, and loving students regardless of their response.
In essence, Tri-Lakes KLIFE spends its time going to students, rather than expecting and waiting for students to visit. On any given day, a staff member or volunteer leader hangs out with students in the school lunch room, at sporting events, pep rallies, plays and other school functions.
More so, the organization spends time with students in other creative ways, such as assistant coaching, outdoor activities, sharing a meal and so forth.
Weekly club meetings for middle school groups and high school groups include fun games before turning attention to the Bible.
Monthly events are focused on drawing students in who would never be found at church. The groups share the gospel and encourage them to get involved in clubs or a small group, and hopefully church as well.
The guiding verse for Tri-Lakes KLIFE is 1 Thessalonians 2:8, which reads, “We cared so much for you that we were pleased to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own lives, because you had become clear to us.”