Want to play golf and help more than 50 Ozarks children’s charities in the process?
Now is the time to sign up for the numerous pro-ams of the area’s largest sports-minded fundraiser, the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper, which is one of the original tour stops on what is now called the Korn Ferry Tour.
That was the message emphasized Monday by Byron Shive, the Executive Director of the Price Cutter tournament. The annual event has gifted more than $19.4 million to charities since 1990, including a record $1.095 million last year alone.
Much of the fundraising for the charities is through pro-ams, and those begin the week of July 10.
“This community has always rallied to help our charities, and we hope businesses and individuals know that their support is always truly appreciated,” Shive said.
In recent years, businesses have used the pro-ams as a way to entertain existing or potential clients, or to reward employees. Others have gifted their teams to local high school coaches as a thank you for their work during the school year.
Each pro-am participant receives a pair of tickets to all four days of the PCCC, which includes access to the Ozarks Club VIP Hospitality tent for free food and drinks while at the tournament. The Korn Ferry Tour pros will play July 20-23 at Highland Springs Country Club. Each pro-am package also includes logoed apparel for each event, breakfast, lunch, snack packs in carts, beverages at every tee box, team photos and trophies to the winners.
Call 417-887-3400 to sponsor a team.
- Golfing for Justice Pro-Am: It’s July 10 at Millwood Golf & Racquet Club in Ozark. This primarily benefits Legal Services of Southern Missouri and has 8 AM and 1 PM shotgun starts.
- The Discovery Center Women’s Pro-Am: It’s at 9 AM Tuesday, July 11 at Millwood Golf & Racquet Club in Ozark and is one of just two Korn Ferry Tour events to have its own women’s pro-am.
- Bryan Properties Nighttime Golf Classic: It’s at 5 PM Wednesday, July 12 at Fremont Hills Country Club just south of Springfield. We’ll play nine in the light, and then nine in the dark, with tiki torches near the greens and glow lights along the paths and fairways.
- Integrity Home Care & Hospice Pro-Am presented by 48 Barriers: It’s at 9 AM Saturday, July 15 at LedgeStone Country Club in Branson. This one primarily benefits the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
- SRC Pro-Am: It’s at 9 AM Monday, July 17 at Highland Springs Country Club, and your pro is one of the players in the Price Cutter Charity Championship later in the week.
- Silver Dollar City Pro-Am: It’s Tuesday, July 18 at Buffalo Ridge Golf Course south of Branson. We are going off tee times from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM, and then noon to 2 PM. Before teeing off, this event features a shopping experience by Titleist and FootJoy.
- Price Cutter Pro-Am: It’s Wednesday, July 19 at Highland Springs Country Club. You’ll get an opportunity to play with, not one, but two Korn Ferry Tour golfers as part of the Tour’s new nine-and-nine format. That means you could be playing with a future U.S. Open champion, such as Wyndham Clark, who played here in Springfield before winning the 2023 U.S. Open on Father’s Day. You’ll play the first nine holes with one Korn Ferry Tour golfer, and then the next nine with a different Korn Ferry Tour pro. We’re going with tee times starting at 6:45 AM to 8:57 AM and then 12:25 to 2:27 PM.