Date(s) - 09/13/2015
Highland Springs Country Club
Categories No Categories
Here’s your chance to throw a party – for your taste buds – as well as to help 44 local children’s charities.
The second annual Harvest Moon Festival, an elegant culinary event, now has seven regional chefs as well as an impressive auction list lined up for its Sept. 13 dinner.
Even better, proceeds will go to the 44 charities of the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper. A year ago, the Harvest Moon Festival marked the final event of the PCCC schedule and helped to push the 2014 haul to more than $1 million, a single-year record.
“It’s a great event that combines gourmet food, excellent wine and the ability to contribute to charity,” said Andy Stewart, a financial adviser with Morgan Stanley of Springfield who attended last year. “What more could you ask for?”
Chefs lined up for the Harvest Moon Festival are:
- Chef Andy Hampshire and the culinary staff from Highland Springs Country Club who will present an English/Irish gastro pub dish.
- Chef Mike Halbert and his team from Big Cedar Lodge & Top of the Rock Restaurant who will present an Ozarks-inspired “American Heritage” cuisine.
- The culinary team from Food IQ, one of the nation’s foremost menu and culinary development firms. It will present Latin fusion.
- Chef Robert Stricklin and the culinary team from the Keeter Center in Point Lookout. They will present continental European food.
- Chef Elie Ghanem from That Lebanese Place on historic Commercial Street.
- Chef Wes Johnson from Metropolitan Farmer and a group of his chef friends from “The Hill” in St. Louis.
- Chef Johnson Tan of Ocean Zen will be cooking up Asian fusion.
Each chef will prepare two dishes, as well as dessert.
Auction items include a getaway to Casa Suenos, a vacation home in Manzanilla, Mexico, where a full kitchen staff is available along with five ocean-facing bedrooms. Additional auction items are listed below.
Couples are $500, and tables of eight are $1,850. The event begins at 5 p.m. Sept. 13 on the driving range of Highland Springs Country Club.
To reserve your seats, call 417-887-3400.
- Fire Pit
- Copper Run Distillery Tour and 5-course Tasting Menu
- $2500 Travel Package from Adelman Travel
- Original Artwork created on-site by Cindy Kopenhafer
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort and Spa package
- Mother’s Brewery Tour and Tasting
- 7-day Vail, Colorado getaway
- Cigar and Scotch whiskey
- Casa Suenos – Mexican vacation house
- Golf at TPC Sawgrass
We have a great group of Chefs committed for our event:
- Chef Mike Halbert and his team from Big Cedar Lodge & Top of the Rock Restaurant
- Chef Andy Hampshire and the culinary staff from Highland Springs Country Club
- The Culinary Team from FoodIQ (2 to 3 of their Chefs) – one of the Nation’s foremost menu & culinary development firms
- Chef James Martin and his team from Gilardi’s Restorante
- The Culinary staff from Piropos Restaurant & Grill, Kansas City, Mo.
- Chef Robert Stricklin and the culinary completion team from the Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks
- Chef Elie Ghanem from That Lebanese Place on historic C-Street
- Chef Wes Johnson from Metropolitan Farmer and a group of his Chef friends from “the Hill” in St. Louis