All former and current members of the U.S. military, law enforcement and first responders – and their families – soon will have the opportunity to watch the future of the PGA Tour for free.
It’s the Honoring Our Heroes salute from the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper, a PGA Web.com Tour event set for Aug. 11-14 at Highland Springs Country Club.
Color Guards from the Missouri Highway Patrol and the Greene County Sheriff’s Department will raise the American flag every morning of the tournament, but the theme will not end there.
Free admission and a great view of the action in the new Heroes tent on the 18th green will be available. Families will receive tickets for a four-day grounds pass along with complimentary food and drinks in the Jackson Brothers of the South Ozarks Club VIP tent. Tickets will be available at the admissions gate and the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, 3861 E. Stan Musial Drive in southeast Springfield. Please show ID from your organization.
The Heroes tent is expected to be decorated in bunting, as you would see at big-league ballparks on Opening Day. Even better, the view is spectacular as the pros reach the 18th green on what’s long been a must-see event. Some 444 former Web.com Tour players have gone on to win on the PGA Tour, including nine this year alone. This for a tournament that has gifted almost $13 million to Ozarks children’s charities in its 26-year history.
For questions, call 417-887-3400.
“We are proud of our military, law enforcement and first responders, and they deserve our support for their dedicated service,” PCCC Executive Director Jerald Andrews said. “We know their schedules make it difficult for family time, so we hope the tournament offers a great getaway at one of the Ozarks’ premier golf courses.”
The announcement comes as the tournament continues to seek sponsorships and fill team spots in several pro-ams. Here is a rundown of ways businesses and the community can help our charities reach their missions:
- Skyboxes on the 9th and 18th greens: Businesses can entertain clients from the comfort of covered seating at Highland Springs Country Club. Your group receives numerous badges to the skybox as well as tickets to the Jackson Brothers of the South Ozarks Club VIP tent, where great food and beverages await.
- On-course sponsorships: Get your business logo in front of the eyes of thousands. The PCCC will display banners throughout the course, including on the high-traffic bridges on holes Nos. 9 and 18. Or advertise in the daily newsletter, sponsor the website or set up in the vendor’s village to market your company.
- Win a Corvette Stingray & watch from air-conditioned seating: In The Ultimate presented by Custom Metalcraft and Ridewell Suspensions, each participant has a 1-in-100 chance to win a brand new Corvette Stingray, and a 1-in-10 chance to win other great prizes. Other perks include dinner on Aug. 5 at Highland Springs, air-conditioned and covered seating on the 18th green, Sunday brunch as well as VIP and parking passes to the tournament and more.
- Price Cutter Pro-Am: The Price Cutter Pro-Am, once played by current PGA Tour standouts Bubba Watson and Brandt Snedeker, has one team spot available for Aug. 10.
- Pro-Ams at LedgeStone, Hickory Hills, Millwood, Highland Springs & Buffalo Ridge: Team sponsors will receive a corporate ticket package to the PCCC. As it stands, the tournament has team spots in the Bryan Properties Nighttime Classic on Aug. 3 at Millwood Golf & Racquet Club; the Mercy Pro-Am on Aug. 8 at Hickory Hills Country Club; the SRC Pro-Am on Aug. 8 at Highland Springs Country Club; and a team spot in the Betty Allison’s Women’s Pro-Am on Aug. 9 at Millwood Golf & Racquet Club. The Ashley HomeStore Pro-Am also has two rounds on Aug. 15 at Millwood. Breakfast, lunch, carts, a great golfer gift package, on-course beverages and snacks are included along with a team photo with a pro.
- Michele Kiser Women’s Clinic & Fashion Show: The annual Michele Kiser Women’s Golf Clinic and Fashion Show presented by Advertising Plus is Aug. 1 at Highland Springs Country Club. It begins at 10 a.m. with a golf clinic, followed by a lunch and fashion show featuring fashions from Uptown Boutique and Academy Sports. It’s $30 a person, or $250 for a table of 10.
- Betty & Bobby Allison’s Junior Pro-Am: The Betty & Bobby Allison’s Junior Pro-Am, set for Aug. 5 at Rivercut Golf Course, has team openings. A team is $300, or $75 for an individual, and businesses can sponsor a team. Each player receives a golfer gift package, doughnut-and-bagel breakfast, lunch, and team photo with the pro. Trophies will be awarded to middle school and high school teams.
- For $25, win a Ford F-150 or $10,000: In the TLC Properties Charity Sweepstakes, a $25 ticket enters the ticket-buyer into a drawing for a 2016 Ford F-150 XLT or $10,000. You also will have a 1-in-16 chance to win any of 500 daily prizes during the tournament from Aug. 11-14. The ticket also is good for all four days of the tournament.
- Habitat Home Run & Springfield’s Largest Water Balloon Fight: Habitat Home Run & Springfield’s Largest Water Balloon Fight: The Habitat Home Run is a combination of a 1-mile walk and 5-kilometer and 10-kilometer runs. Those will begin at 7 a.m. on Aug. 27 at the Price Cutter Plus Supermarket in southwest Springfield, at the corner of Kansas Expressway and Republic Road. A water balloon fight follows, and kids will be treated to inflatables, face-painting and an ice cream social. Entry fee for the Habitat Home Run is $20 for the one-mile walk, $30 for the 5K and $35 for the 10K. Add $5 for same-day registration. Mark your favorite charity and it will receive $5 of the entry fee. (Ages 5 and younger are free). The water party is included in race registration for runners in the Habitat Home Run. Awards to the top three male and female finishers in both the 5K and 10K. Register online at pricecuttercc.org/habitathomerun or habitatspringfieldmo.org, or drop off or mail entries to Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, MO, 2410 S. Scenic Ave., 65807.
To support this great cause, contact the PCCC at 417-887-3400. Also be sure to visit the website at pricecuttercc.org for a full schedule, events schedule and other sponsorship opportunities. The pros play Aug. 11-14 at Highland Springs Country Club.