From time to time, you will hear people say that they’re walking with an extra bounce in their step. At Mercy Kids, a Springfield hospital dedicated to improving children’s lives, that’s the way it is every day.
And who cannot appreciate that?
It’s more than a hospital treating children; more than doctors for children; more than nurses treating a sick child. Mercy Kids, a home away from home, is a special way of caring for children’s health and well-being, from conception to graduation.
Even better, the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper – through your donations — has helped to play a positive role for Mercy Kids.
And you can again.
Businesses and golf fans who support the PCCC should know their dollars can be extremely effective – and positive. Mercy Kids is back on board for a 15th year with the PCCC, which has raised almost $12 million for local charities. That figure includes a record $1 million-plus last year alone.
For example, businesses can sponsor various events of the PCCC such as Pro-Ams and the daily newsletter. Business also donate gift cards valued at least $25 each.
Your purchase of a $25 TLC Properties Charity Sweepstakes tickets means the charity receives the full $25. The ticket not only is good for entry into the four-day tournament but also you are entered to win gift cards as well as $10,000 and even a 2015 Ford Mustang.
“The Price Cutter Charity Championship Golf Tournament has been overwhelmingly successful and is an exciting event that generates additional funding for Mercy Children’s Hospital and Mercy Kids,” said Ted Stutzman, Chief Operating Officer Pediatric Specialty Services. “The event creates an avenue to fund items and programs that directly have a positive impact for the children of our community.”
SUPPORTING THE PCCC = SUPPORTING CHARITIES
- Help Mercy Kids: Funds raised go to help provide essential needs for Mercy Kids as well as financial support to families when needed.
- FOR BUSINESES: such as restaurants, clothing stores and entertainment stops, donate a gift card with at least a $25 value in the name of your charity of choice to benefit them in the Golf Ball Charity Auction.
- BUSINESS SPONSORSHIPS: Businesses also can support the PCCC through various sponsorships, such as the daily newsletter, website or through several events such as a dozen Pro-Ams.
- FOR GOLF FANS: The purchase of a Mercy Kids $25 TLC Properties Charity Sweepstakes Ticket means a four-day pass to the PCCC on Aug. 13-16 at Highland Springs Country Club as well as daily chances to win gift cards from the local businesses. You’re also automatically entered to win a $10,000 prize and a 2015 Ford Mustang.
- FOR SWEEPSTAKES TICKETS: Contact Mercy Health Foundation with Tera Graven at 417-820-3701 or Erin O’Keefe at 417-820-9869, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The PCCC’s number is 417-887-3400.
About Mercy Kids
The funds Mercy Kids receive through the participation of the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper have supported the commitment to operate at the highest level.
This allows Mercy Kids to provide state-of-the-art care for our all of its pediatric patients. The support Mercy Kids continues to receive will help make a difference in the lives of children and their families in southwest Missouri and northern Arkansas and will allow them to get the treatments they need right in their own back yard.