For families whose children may be diagnosed with serious medical issues – such as leukemia, hemophilia or a brain tumor – the Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center has been a calming influence. It’s allowed families to stay together here in the Ozarks, without having to travel hundreds of miles away.
The Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center is the nation’s sixth St. Jude-affiliated pediatric hematology/oncology clinic, serving children in Springfield and throughout southwest Missouri and northern Arkansas. Being a St. Jude affiliate site allows the center to enroll patients in St. Jude’s world-famous clinical research trials – right here at Mercy Children’s Hospital Springfield.
Through a collaboration with St. Jude-Memphis, no family is charged for their child’s treatment at the Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center.
Those are among the many reasons why the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper is proud to partner with the Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center again this year.
The tournament, part of the PGA Tour’s annual Web.com Tour stop in Springfield, has generated almost $12 million for children’s charities in its 25-year history. That includes a record $1 million-plus last year alone.
SUPPORTING THE PCCC = SUPPORTING CHARITIES
- HELP THE JANE PITT PEDIATRIC CANCER CENTER: To assist the non-profit in any way, call 417-820-6111. You can also support it through the PCCC.
- FOR GOLF FANS, WIN PRIZES: The purchase of a $25 TLC Properties Charity Sweepstakes ticket serves as a four-day tournament pass, but that’s just a start. You’re also entered to win daily prizes during the tournament as well as grand prizes of $10,000 and a 2015 Ford Mustang.
- TICKET REVENUE GOES WHERE: Contact the local charity of your choice such as the Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center, simply because they receive revenue directly from those TLC Properties Charity Sweepstakes tickets marked with their names.
- BUSINESS SPONSORSHIPS: Businesses can support the PCCC through various sponsorships, such as the daily newsletter, website or through several events such as a dozen Pro-Ams. Additionally, restaurants, clothing stores and entertainment stops and such are asked to donate a gift card with at least a $25 value in the name of your charity of choice to benefit them in the Golf Ball Charity Auction.
- WHEN, WHERE: The tournament is Aug. 7-17 at Highland Springs Country Club, with the pros play beginning August 13th. Contact the PCCC staff at 417-887-3400.
About the Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center-St. Jude affiliate
Through collaboration with the team at St. Jude in Memphis, the physicians and staff of the Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center make it possible for children battling cancer to receive exceptional treatment, close to home. It has helped thousands of kids with cancer and blood-related disorders, including treatment for: hemophilia, brain tumors, sickle cell anemia, leukemia, platelet disorder, lymphoma, thalassemia, solid tumors and anemias.
The Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center offers a pediatric specialist in hematology/oncology, as well as pediatric-trained, chemotherapy-certified nurses.
In addition, its child-centered staff includes a practice manager, Child Life specialist, social worker, nutrition consultant, physical, occupational and speech therapists.